Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Swearing is healthy!

Hey, there's some good news today! For me! I like to swear. I even enjoy peppering lectures occasionally with swear words. Most universities these days are heavens of political correctness, politeness and ensuing eternal boredom. I was once even told that it would be inappropriate for me 'as an ethics professor' to swear. I'm sure you get the drift, swearing is unethical. Well, there's now some empirical evidence that swearing can be good for the atmosphere at the workplace! Imagine that, the occupational health benefits of swearing. Goes without saying, I love it. To me, swearing has always been a most cathartic experience, much like lap swimming does for me, too.

Ethical Progress on the Abortion Care Frontiers on the African Continent

The Supreme Court of the United States of America has overridden 50 years of legal precedent and reversed constitutional protections [i] fo...